Sunday, April 3, 2011

YEH DIL AUR UNKI NIGAHON KE SAAYE-Originallyposted on 30 June 2010

I am in love with this song at the moment, Lata you are a goddess and I can worship you in this. Not many people name Jaidev as their favorite composer but he gave some stunning music- Hum Dono:Abhi na Jao, Allah tero Naam; Gaman: Aap ki yaad aati rahi, Seene mein Jalan; Reshma aur Shera:Tu chanda main chandni to name a few. This melody actually gives the feel of walking down a cool, misty mountain path. And the lyrics are outstanding, by Jan Nisar Akhtar who after all was Javed Akhtar ka Baap!!!

Here's a translation of this breathtaking number. Pardon a few poetic liberties:

All I have is my heart
And the shadows of his gaze…
And soon I am engulfed by the
...Warm feel of his embrace....

The naughty sunrays kiss the mountain tops.
The breeze kisses the river as it runs and hops.
All along this way from here to the hills above,
Are the warm silhouettes of our love.

Dense clouds reach out and cuddle
The tall shadowy trees.
Light and darkness huddle
In an interplay of mysteries .
The long, misty road ahead
Promises of many words unsaid.

Our hearts beat free, undaunted
A lot like these valleys that are haunted
By love’s colorful alcoves
And a hundred unseen treasure troves.

All I have is my heart
And the shadows of his gaze.
And soon I am engulfed
By the warm feel of his embrace…………..

RESTORED COMMENTS:
Sanjay Shende:Massst gaana hai ye.It has got a haunting echo effect, if you notice.
01 July 2010 at 09:30

Shivani Mohan:Yes, I am mesmerised since yesterday, Shende. 20 hrs ka power cut bhi feel nahin hua iss gaane ke sahare........
01 July 2010 at 09:59 · ·

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the translation. I have posted the link to your blog page on my facebook wall for a foreigner friend who loved this song.

    Best wishes

    Gautam.

    ReplyDelete